Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We'll sand the hull for Monsters!

I was sanding the topsides the other night when my stepson Ty (16) and his buddy Chris (18) stopped by and found out I had a few Monster brand energy drinks I had bought for the road and had not drank, to me they taste like paint thinner. They love them and said they'd sand one side of the hull for two each! They reacted just like Scooby-Doo getting a Scooby snack! "we'll do the whole boat for Monsters!" They offered to sand the boat while I was at work but I didn't want them hitting the hull when I'm not there to watch,.......or else they would probably think; if 180 grit is good, 80 is better, and 40 is best!! They'd flatten her round bits in no time! They arrived the following evening as scheduled and got busy. Ty on the DA sanding the hull and Chris on deck removing the cap rail. When Ty realized how much work was involved in sanding the hull there was talk of a mutiny and I had to think fast and get some pizza's coming to quell the uprising. They both did a good job and within a couple hours we had the entire rail off the boat and a good portion of one side of the hull sanded.


This is a picture of Ty doing his first bottom job when he was eleven years old. He's a good worker and I sure appreciate having him around to lend a hand!

2 comments:

Peter said...

Don,
I have to weld tripods on a tanden trailer for an Alberg 30. Can you provide me with the measurements to locate the pads relative to the center line of the trailer and the center of gravity between the two wheel axles please?
Peter
email address;
milleype@kingston.net

Don said...

Hi Peter, I emailed you some Pics with measurements. Let me know if you need more info. Cheers, Don